JAM Topic on Technology - Android Operating SystemPublished 4 years ago by LankaTricks
JAM Topic on Technology – Android OS
This post explain one of most impotent JAM session topic that is called JAM Topic on Technology. Under the JAM Topic on Technology Here explain about Android operating system.
Android Operating System is the one of the most widely used mobile OS these days. But this OS now days not only for Mobile phones That is used in various devices like mobile phone, Smart TV, Smart Watches and many more embedded system applications etc.
Android Operating System is a software bunch comprising not only operating system but also middle ware and many key applications.
The founder of Android Inc was Palo Alto of California, U.S. by Andy Rubin, Rich miner, Nick sears and Chris White in the year of 2003.
After that Android Inc. was acquired by Google company in the year of 2005. Then they put original release there have been number of updates of Android Operating System in the original version of android.
The mobile development community of android is at a beginning point. Mobile users demand more choice, more opportunities to customize their mobile phones android versions, and many more functionality.
Mobile operators need to provide value-added content to their subscribers in a way of manageable and lucrative.
So, Mobile Application developers need the freedom to design and develop the powerful mobile applications users demand with minimal roadblocks to success. Finally, handset manufacturers need a stable, secure, and affordable platform to power their devices.
Until now single mobile platform has adequately addressed the needs of all the parties.
Enter Android, which is a powerful game-changer for the android mobile development community. An innovative and open source platform, Android is well positioned to address the growing requirement of the mobile marketplace.
Android comes with an Android market which is an online android software store (Play Store). and It was developed by Google.
It allows Android users to find, select and download applications developed by third party developers and use their android operating system.
There are more than 3.0 lack+ android games, android application and android widgets available on the play store for users to download and use.
Following you can see the android versions available from past to present.
1) Android Apple Pie (Version – 1.0, API level – 1) was released in September 23, 2008.
2) Android Banana Bread (Version – 1.1, API level – 2) was released in February 9, 2009.
3) Android Cupcake (Version – 1.5, API level – 3) was released in April 27, 2009.
4) Android Donut(Version – 1.6, API level – 4) was released in September 15, 2009.
5) Android Eclair(Version – 2.0, API level – 5) was released in October 26, 2009.
6) Android Froyo (Version – 2.2, API level – 8) was released in May 20, 2010.
7) Android GingerBread (Version – 2.3, API level – 9) was released in December 6, 2010.
8) Android Honeycomb (Version – 3.0, API level – 11) was released in February 22, 2011.
9) Android Ice Cream Sandwich (Version – 4.0, API level – 14) was released in October 18, 2011.
10) Android Jelly Bean (Version – 4.1, API level – 16) was released in July 9, 2012.
11) Android KitKat (Version – 4.4, API level – 19) was released in October 31, 2013.
12) Android Lollipop(Version – 5.0, API level – 21) was released in November 12, 2014.
13) Android Marshmallow (Version – 6.0, API level – 23) was released in October 5, 2015.
14) Android Nougat (Version – 7.0, API level – 24) was released in August 22, 2016.
15) Android Oreo (Version – 8.0, API level – 26) was released in August 21, 2017.
16) Android P(Version – 9.0, API level – 28) will be released in August 20, 2018.