How to write a cover letter
Cover letter is a letter that you comprise with your job application or curriculum-vitae. It should be a single page letter and always you should attach cover letter with your job application unless the job advertisement clearly mentions not to.
Also you should want to match your cover letter with the job. Keep your cover letter short and it is a summary of your resume.
When writing a cover letter, you should include following things:
- Your name and address
- Company name and address
– To whom it may concern
– Dear sir / madam
- Reason for writing
Eg: I wish to apply for the post of……..
I am writing in response to your advertisement for…….
I wish to submit my resume herewith for the position of……..
- Introduction about yourself
- Mention your academic qualifications, skills and experiences
- Encourage reader to read your CV and say why you are suitable for this position
- Closing comment and signing off
How to create a CV
Curriculum Vitae (CV) is a document that provides to readers about your personal information and professional history. The main purpose of CV is to get the opportunity for interviews. It is the first impression about you for your potential employer.
Most of the people use another names such as bio data and resume for CV. But there are some difference between these three words.
Bio data – It is one page document and it consists attributes, hobbies, interest and educational qualifications of a person.
Resume – It has one to two pages and it consists summary of skills, educational qualification and experiences of a person.
CV – It is longer document than bio data and resume. It consists detailed information including professional experiences of a person.
Basic structure of CV:
- Name, address and contact details
- Profile – personal, professional and career objectives
- Personal Information
- Working Experience and Internships – include the period
- Education, courses and memberships
- Skills/ and training – language, PC, Driving License (Depending on the job/ position)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Hobbies & interests (optional)
Details of Referees
- Person with good standing or reputatio
- Non related
- Known to you personally
- Current position, contact numbers, addresses
- Declaration, Signature & Date
How to face the interviews
Interview is the most important thing to obtain job opportunity, hence you must face for the interview properly.
Before face for the interview, you should be ready to it.
For that first you should find details about the company such as background, mission and vision of the company, nature of the product or service, number of employees and etc. Also you have to prepare answers for the common questions.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your career goals?
- Why do you want to do work with our company?
On the other hand you should be prepare to ask some questions from the interviewers such as details about the job role and salary scale. Then you should be prepare everything you need for the interviews like original certificates and photo copies of the certificates.
For the interview, you have to dress professionally and you should be arrive at least 10 minutes early to the interview location.
At the interview time, you should be introduce yourself with confidence. Also you should be make eye contact and put a smile on your face when you introduce yourself. Give confident and correct handshake to your interviewers.
Otherwise you should be articulate and accurate when you answer the questions. Also speak clearly and confidently.
Finally you should make sure to thank your interviewers when the interview is over and show that you are grateful to get a chance to talk to you about your skills and qualifications. Also you leave from the room, shake your interviewer’s hand again correctly.